Join our expert trainers in-person for a full day session at our museums in either London, Manchester or York. Select your location below to see upcoming courses and to book.
Our courses are free for educators in the UK. Delivered by our friendly, expert trainers, day courses include lunch as well as resources and materials for you to take away with you. If you book a slot but can no longer attend, please email us as soon as possible to allow other educators to book.
Science Museum, London
Science and Industry Museum, Manchester
National Railway Museum, York
What is this course about?
During this practical session, we will share creative and research informed approaches to help you create engaging and inspiring science learning experiences in the classroom and beyond.
You will have the opportunity to try out techniques and discuss ideas that will help your students to develop confidence and the skills to engage with and talk about science in the classroom and in their everyday lives.
What will I learn?
This session will provide you with:
- How to create engaging science experiences informed by good practice from recent research
- New ideas to use with your students to build your students’ scientific and mathematical skills
- Tools and techniques to support effective discussion in the classroom
What can I expect on the day?
An example itinerary could look like:
- 10.15 – Welcome and Introductions
- 10.30 – Explore how science works and get students using their enquiry skills with this hands-on classroom activity
- 11.45 – Break
- 11.55 – Discover our planning tool to help you put research into practice
- 13.20 – Lunch provided
- 14.20 – Facilitation: Practice your questioning skills and spark discussion
- 15.45 – Reflections and next steps
- 16.00 – Gallery Visit