All the activities use easily obtainable materials, so that you can use them in your classroom straightaway. Let’s make, create and investigate together!
What is the session about?
Geometry is the study of shapes and their properties. This activity makes use of geometry in observing the shapes and angles soap bubbles create when they join together.
What will I need?
- Washing up liquid
- Protractor or printed protractor (available in resource)
- Clear plate or lid
- Five straws (with four straws- each cut into three even pieces)
- Nine pipe cleaners (15 cm each)
- Glycerine (or sugar)
- Bucket or large bowl for bubble mix
What will I learn?
This session will provide you with:
- Knowledge of recent research around good practice in creating engaging science experiences
- Ideas and resources to use with your students
- Ideas to build your students’ enquiry and thinking skills.